30 June, 2011

WIP Wednesday

This week I am working on three projects, two that I am continuing from last week, and a new one that I just cast on. Recently my husband and I were invited to a friends home for dinner, since the couple is expecting their first child I thought it would be nice to knit something up for the baby. Now normally this wouldn’t be a problem. I would choose a color based on the sex of the baby, but this particular couple chose not to find out the sex. So I dove head first into my yarn stash in search of something ‘gender neutral’. I discovered a ball of Sirdar Crofter DK in FairIsle (54). So I decided that this colorway had enough green to be neutral. Now I set out to find the perfect pattern. After an extensive and rather unsuccessful search on Ravelry, I remembered that I had received a copy of  ‘Wee Wooly Toppers’ by Wooly Wormhead. I looked at the book and remembered that several of the girls from my knitting group had done ‘Tubey’ and it turned out very cute. So I decided to give it a go! First of all the pattern knits up extremely quickly (especially when you’re dealing in the smaller sizes). I decided to go with Medium so that the hat would fit the baby when the weather starts to cool off. The pattern is extremely easy to follow and the results are brilliant.

I am still working on my shawl and my vest top from last week, although the vest is nearly complete. I will be sure to post more photos when it’s done, maybe even a few of my niece modeling it (whenever I get around to sending it out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment