07 July, 2011

WIP Wednesday (late again)


So yesterday was Wednesday which usually means putting all of my WIP's on display, but yesterday was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too busy (and possibly a little drunk). This week I have been on a bit of a baby hat binge. We know several couples who are expecting, and a hat is a quick, easy, and lovely gift for the parents-to-be, (not to mention it's handmade so it's incredibly thoughtful!)



Last Sunday in Cork was absolutely gorgeous, so I sat on my balcony for several hours and FINALLY finished the vest top for my niece and it looks lovely, and after it's blocked I'll be sure to post some
additional photos.




I am still working on Tubey by Woolly Wormhead, but it's almost done (if I could just dedicate an hour or so to it, it would probably be done!)
I also started working on another baby hat (which is so adorable and easy I will probably make a second one for another baby on the way!) This hat is Aly's Owls by Diana Dzendzeluk, and I am making it with 'Down by the River', a gorgeous baby blue, with flecks of green, purple, and pink. It is 85% merino and 15% nylon sock yarn (which I have doubled up to add weight) by Hedgehog Fibres.



Of course I am still working on Vlad by Tammy Bailey, which needs to be finished ASAP for the KAL, which ends 15, July...I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment